Ricardo Software 2019.1
The latest suite of products provides essential simulation and analysis tools for the complete vehicle development process. This includes 1D and 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with real-time functionality, Structural Mechanics tools for engine and component design and optimisation and complex systems modelling and analysis of systems and interacting sub-systems including electric, hybrid and conventional powertrains.
FLUID DYNAMICS (CFD)
WAVE - 1D engine performance tool for engine system optimisation and virtual calibration
- Improved usability with scale-view schematics of flow path and wall structures
- Automated interpolation map creator enabling users to quickly and simply convert steady-state models into transient models for ease of integration into WAVE-RT
- Next-generation exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) knock model to map performance limits of SI engines
- Third party FMUs in WAVE provide greater modelling capabilities of electrical, mechanical, liquids, fluids and more. This enables faster run times and the model can easily be used as a sub-system in any third-party simulation that supports the Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) standard
- R-Desk, Ricardo’s common interface to interact with our software tools, can now be used to set up multi-fuel models giving greater options to users
- Simple and efficient Wiebe combustion models. Users can quickly and easily input three burn points generating fast and accurate results
- The new spark ignition (SI) predictive combustion model has simpler inputs for improved usability. The model is directly exportable to WAVE-RT helping to minimise variations in combustion behaviour
- Dependent parameters can now be set up directly on the WAVE canvas using familiar source and interpolation map elements for a more efficient workflow
VECTIS - 3D computational fluid mechanics tool for combustion and thermal systems
- The new VECTIS solvers support co-simulation with third party tools
- The Intel MPI has been upgraded to deliver robust parallel simulations
- The material editor has been enhanced to offer properties for common gases and liquids
- New chemistry mechanisms including H2, Dodecane, surrogate gasoline, detailed, diesel, detailed n-heptane and iso-octane mechanisms from LLNL have been added to our chemistry solver, RFLAME for more efficient chemistry calculations
IGNITE - modelling and simulation of Systems Engineering and sub-systems with comprehensive application-specific libraries
- The new smart PHEV controller and powertrain auxiliaries enable quick and easy out-of-the box modelling of P0-P5 parallel hybrid architectures
- Improved user experience including easily defined road profiles and other input data via a new table and graph editor. Simply create edit or copy input data from Microsoft Excel for all the IGNITE libraries
- Motorcycle modelling is now available thanks to new powertrain libraries. This includes fuel economy, drive cycles and performance of standard conventional and electric motorcycles.
- Modelling support for N-D interpolation enabling the user to model multidimensional behaviours
- Users can now launch IGNITE directly from WAVE delivering an improved co-simulation experience
- Option to time-out unsuccessful simulations
- Improved user experience to generate contour plots of engine and motor efficiency maps
- This version of IGNITE reduces the file size by 40% shortening the overall simulation run time as well as saving space during large simulation studies.
- A range of new examples now included with the installation
[STRUCTURAL MECHANICS](#Structural Mechanics)
SABR - gearbox shaft, gear and bearing software for quality and durability analyses
SABR includes new and improved calculation methods for tooth contact analysis (TCA) using micro-geometry information. The implementation of tip relief and crowning delivers more accurate and efficient ways to calculate transmission errors and harmonics as well as stress and stiffness.
- Transmission errors calculated in the new TCA can be exported to VALDYN to be used during the transmission dynamic analysis.
- Users can now analyse gear body deflection for faster and more accurate results. Calculate mesh misalignment with FE integration to convert standard results into skew and slope.
- SABR offers enhanced visualisation of speed and torque binning using combined load cases. This helps users manage complex real road data.