The latest suite of products provides essential simulation and analysis tools for the complete vehicle development process. This includes 1D and 3D Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) with real-time functionality, Structural Mechanics tools for engine and component design and optimisation and Complex Systems modelling and analysis of systems and interacting sub-systems including electric, hybrid and conventional powertrains.
WAVE - 1D engine performance tool for engine system optimisation and virtual calibration
- Improved usability with scale-view schematics of flow path and wall structures
- Automated interpolation map creator enabling users to quickly and simply convert steady-state models into transient models for ease of integration into WAVE-RT
- Next-generation exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) knock model to map performance limits of SI engines
- Third party FMUs in WAVE provide greater modelling capabilities of electrical, mechanical, liquids, fluids and more. This enables faster run times and the model can easily be used as a sub-system in any third-party simulation that supports the Functional Mockup Interface (FMI) standard
- R-Desk, Ricardo’s common interface to interact with our software tools, can now be used to set up multi-fuel models giving greater options to users
- Simple and efficient Wiebe combustion models. Users can quickly and easily input three burn points generating fast and accurate results
- The new spark ignition (SI) predictive combustion model has simpler inputs for improved usability. The model is directly exportable to WAVE-RT helping to minimise variations in combustion behaviour
- Dependent parameters can now be set up directly on the WAVE canvas using familiar source and interpolation map elements for a more efficient workflow
VECTIS - 3D computational fluid mechanics tool for combustion and thermal systems
- The new VECTIS solvers support co-simulation with third party tools
- The Intel MPI has been upgraded to deliver robust parallel simulations
- The material editor has been enhanced to offer properties for common gases and liquids
- New chemistry mechanisms including H2, Dodecane, surrogate gasoline, detailed, diesel, detailed n-heptane and iso-octane mechanisms from LLNL have been added to our chemistry solver, RFLAME for more efficient chemistry calculations
IGNITE - modelling and simulation of complex systems and sub-systems with comprehensive application-specific libraries
- The new smart PHEV controller and powertrain auxiliaries enable quick and easy out-of-the box modelling of P0-P5 parallel hybrid architectures
- Improved user experience including easily defined road profiles and other input data via a new table and graph editor. Simply create edit or copy input data from Microsoft Excel for all the IGNITE libraries
- Motorcycle modelling is now available thanks to new powertrain libraries. This includes fuel economy, drive cycles and performance of standard conventional and electric motorcycles.
- Modelling support for N-D interpolation enabling the user to model multidimensional behaviours
- Users can now launch IGNITE directly from WAVE delivering an improved co-simulation experience
- Option to time-out unsuccessful simulations
- Improved user experience to generate contour plots of engine and motor efficiency maps
- This version of IGNITE reduces the file size by 40% shortening the overall simulation run time as well as saving space during large simulation studies.
- A range of new examples now included with the installation
[STRUCTURAL MECHANICS](#Structural Mechanics)
SABR - gearbox shaft, gear and bearing software for quality and durability analyses
SABR includes new and improved calculation methods for tooth contact analysis (TCA) using micro-geometry information. The implementation of tip relief and crowning delivers more accurate and efficient ways to calculate transmission errors and harmonics as well as stress and stiffness.
- Transmission errors calculated in the new TCA can be exported to VALDYN to be used during the transmission dynamic analysis.
- Users can now analyse gear body deflection for faster and more accurate results. Calculate mesh misalignment with FE integration to convert standard results into skew and slope.
- SABR offers enhanced visualisation of speed and torque binning using combined load cases. This helps users manage complex real road data.