Finite Element Analysis
FEARCE is a finite element (FE) pre- and post-processing tool written specifically to support engine and vehicle analysis. FEARCE acts as an interface to integrate each stage of an FE analysis – from assembling component models into larger systems, through the application of loads and boundary conditions, to the solution and post-processing of results.
How it works
FEARCE adds automation to these key tasks so that complex analyses can be performed quickly and accurately while ensuring common processes are reliable, repeatable and traceable between iterations.
- Integrated graphical user interface (GUI), providing a single environment for all key stages in the process
- Unique network approach allows a user to construct complex FE assemblies from component models
- Automated connectivity of interfaces between components
- All types of connectivity can be applied, including advanced non-linear interfaces, such as contact joins and structural or thermal gaps. Dissimilar meshes can be joined using multi-point constraints
- All connectivity is automatically checked – with conflicts, fixes and warnings flagged and documented
- Easy application of force, pressure or displacement loads to the system
- Automatic mapping of boundary conditions from external sources
- Direct mapping of loads from VECTIS, WAVE, PISDYN and ENGDYN
- Internal linear solver and translators to automatically set up solution decks for all major third-party FE packages
- Full suite of post-processing tools, including: Plots and animations; Load-case combination and factoring; Bore, bearing and valve distortion studies; Durability analyses; Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) studies