The complete tool to model complex physical systems and their sub-systems
IGNITE is a physics-based package developed for complete vehicle system modelling and simulation. It features comprehensive built-in automotive Modelica libraries. These enable users to quickly and accurately model conventional and highly complex vehicle system models including hybrid-electric, full electric and novel vehicles.
How it works
With faster than real-time simulation, IGNITE interfaces with design and optimisation tools and provides models for all phases of the development process. Users can simulate a wide range of applications including, but not limited to, vehicle performance, system specification, fuel economy, handling, driveability and thermal management.
Models set up in IGNITE can also be exported to HEEDS for design of experiments (DOE) and optimisation studies.
- Hierarchy of models and solution methods within a single easy-to-use graphical interface
- Kinematic and dynamic solvers
- Mobility-based bearing model for rapid kinematic and dynamic solutions
- Advanced mass-conserving elastohydrodynamic (EHD) lubrication model for detailed bearing analysis
- Hydrodynamic and boundary lubrication models
- Link with VALDYN for valvetrain, timing drive and auxiliary drive loading
- Link to FEARCE for automated loading of finite element (FE) engine models
- Integrated FEARCE solver for FE matrix reduction
- 3D graphical interface for rapid model generation and results presentation
- Vibro-acoustic analysis using integrated acoustic solver