FEARCE - Model assembly
FEARCE has an integrated graphical user interface (GUI) that enables users to construct and assemble complex models by using components with identified key connectivity points. All types of connectivity can be applied between component contact surfaces, defined by surface geometry. The integrated GUI enables components to be easily imported, displayed, documented and altered within various key stages of the build process.
FEARCE also provides tools for the automatic generation of bolts. The user can define the head and thread contact regions along with the bolt-shaft diameter and material type. FEARCE will then generate the correct beam and connection. Alternatively, FEARCE can generate solid bolts based on specific dimensions from the user.
- Importing component models from different sources
- Scaling, translating and transforming models for assembly
- Enables copying of repeated components to reduce modelling overhead
- Joins are based on mating surfaces rather than node
- Various types of connections can be generated automatically
- Automatic joining of dissimilar meshes using multi-point constraints
- Automatic checking of assemblies – with conflicts, fixes and warnings flagged
- Automatic generation of bolts