This guide instructs on how to update Ricardo License Manager to version 11.15
- Ricardo Software release 2019.1 and above requires License Manager v11.15 or newer in order to get licenses to run the applications
- Older versions of License Manager must be updated in order to use Ricardo Software release 2019.1 and newer
- Existing license files will work with the new license manager, and older versions of Ricardo Software products will be able to get licenses from the new license manager.
Updating License Manager for Linux
Shut down and uninstall any previous versions of Ricardo License Manager.
NOTE: This will terminate any currently running Ricardo Software products that have licenses checked out.
On Linux, run the command to stop the license manager:
Delete the following script:
Reboot the machine
Install Ricardo License Manager v.11.15
Updating License Manager for Windows
- Use Windows Services to bring up the Properties panel for the older Ricardo License Manager
- Use stop button on this panel to stop the server, or right click the service itself and choose 'Stop'
- You must now remove previous versions of Ricardo Licence Manager using one of the following options below:
To remove previous versions of Ricardo License Manager using Windows Command Prompt
Open a Windows command prompt.
NOTE: you must have administrator privileges to do this
Either use the Ricardo scripts:
Use the command:
To remove previous versions of Ricardo License Manager using LMTOOLS
- Open LMTOOLS
- Select 'Config Services' Tab
- Select 'Remove Service from RLM 11.13' (or older as applicable)
Installing Ricardo Software License Manager
Reboot the machine
Ensure that you have the 'ricardo.lic' license file available on your machine
Run installation file for Ricardo Software 2019.1
Once installation is completed you can check that Ricardo License Manager 11.15 is running by:
- Open LMTOOLS 11.15
- Click 'Start/Stop/Reread' tab
- Click 'Stop Server'
- Click 'Start Server'
Contact email@example.com if you require further assistance.