VALDYN - engine system modelling
Using its wide range of modelling elements, VALDYN is ideal for simulating complete engine systems. The ease of model construction and high simulation speed means that models can be assembled and solved quickly. Common engine components (e.g. cam followers, hydraulic lash adjusters, cam phasers, chains, belts, gears and bearings) are provided by VALDYN and other mechanisms can be assembled from over 30 basic building block elements.
Co-simulation with other Realis Simulation formerly Ricardo Software tools – IGNITE, WAVE and ENGDYN – or third-party programs enables the system boundaries to be spread beyond the VALDYN model so that complex interdependencies can be examined.
- Rapid generation of complete engine models
- Parametric input for case-to-case variation
- Run distribution for fast multi-case analysis
- Co-simulation with Realis Simulation formerly Ricardo Software’s IGNITE, WAVE and ENGDYN tools
- Linear frequency domain analysis including automatic model simplification of non-linear components
- Perturbation analysis to allow frequency domain analysis at a given instant in time
- Roller and journal bearings including elastohydrodynamic bearings
- Dynamic bodies to include any FE model casings